Hierarchical Data Analysis
Excel hierarchical data analysis for data management
Excel Hierarchical Data Analysis
Rate this solution: (3.7/5 from 3 votes)
Hierarchical Data Analysis for Excel (Excel +++) is a powerful Excel add-in designed to to simplify the analysis of complex data. The add-in allows to select rows of data to assign groups and/or subgroups for which respective totals are calculated for analysis. |
Hierarchical Data Analysis for Excel saves time as the structures totals are calculated as data is updated and there is no requirement to enter formulas. It also allows to drag blocks of rows within the structure together with the data to redefine the hierarchy whilst preserving integrity of calculations.
Key features of Hierarchical Data Analysis for Excel include:
- Hierarchical levels can be created and modified with drag and drop as well as keyboard combination (Alt + Ins, Del and directional arrows).
- Automatic recalculation of new structure and underlying data updates.
- Operation mode can be changed with the menu.
- Rows are automatically colored to match the structure node.
- Rows can be hidden and revealed using plus and minus icons provided.
- Structures can be minimized to a certain level depth.
Hierarchical Data Analysis for Excel is compatible with Excel 2000 or higher.
Additional Excel business solutions are categorized as Free Excel solutions
and the most popular
. Further solutions proposed for specific user requirements can be either found in the Excel Help Forum
or proposed as a project to the Excel freelance