|Excel Directory Listing examines specified directory paths to create listing of directory and files information in a simple structure. The directory listing results can be exported to Excel and a variety of other formats for further analysis and integration.|
Directory listing recursion identifies and lists all child directories and files in a tree structure. Metadata of files listed can also be extracted to enable filtering and sorting of results in the final output.
Key features of Excel Directory Listing include:
- Multiple approaches to launching the listing process include drag and drop from Windows Explorer, context menu option from Windows Explorer and explicit directory selection.
- Unlimited sub-directory levels and files are looped and extracted with recursion. Optional recursion depth can also be set.
- Listing extracts metadata including name, size, extension, file count, creation and modification dates.
- Title text within document content is supported for PDF, Word and Excel files.
- Extended metadata for media files is supported including dimensions, duration, format and bitrate.
- Supports both connecting and disconnecting network drives.
- Extracts file attributes such as Read Only, Hidden and System file types.
- Calculates CRC32 checksums for files.
- File and directory dates support all international data formats.
- Filtering and sorting allows to sort by, exclude or include files and directories by criteria for any of the extracted attributes in the listing.
- Output options include printing, Word, Excel, HTML, CSV, Text, XML or saving to the clipboard.